To help everybody in the group feel welcome, comfortable and included, be aware of the following norms:
- Be courteous and kind
- Don’t dominate the conversation so that everyone can speak
- Bear in mind we all have different opinions and personalities; treat this as an opportunity to widen your horizons and perspectives
- Please don’t give advice, it is better to talk about our own personal experience
- Don’t judge other people or what they say
- Let’s see the group as a platform of support to improve our Spanish, let’s have an attitude of help.
“When you want to notice how weird people are, look at yourself without judgement! Thus you will become a trusted friend, partner, co-worker…” (Victoria’s mum!).